Job Title: Service Architect / Senior Service Manager
Salary: £45,000 – £70,000
Key Skills: ITIL, Managed Services, Service Design, Service Delivery, Service Management, Service Architecture
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Manager to join one of the UK’s leading network and communications managed service providers as a Service Architect / Managed Service Presales Consultant. You will work as part of a forward thinking solutions provider, designing Managed Service solutions to solve complexed customer problems. This company pride themselves on employee retention, offering an abundance of training and development opportunities and the chance to upskill in new technologies or services.
The Service Architect / Senior Service Manager role
As there are limited available Service Presales Architects available, my client is offering the chance to fast track a driven and dedicated individual, with solid Service Management experience, into a hybrid role as a Senior Service Manager / Service Architect position. As a Service Architect, you will lead client engagement and have a responsibility to ensure that the client receives services to their agreed deliverables and to the required standard of quality, within specified SLA’s. As well as working in a customer facing role, defining services, working on tenders and advising customers on the service solutions the organisation can offer.
- You will have internal responsibility for supporting the operations teams with a service definition, whilst supporting the Operations Manager on new processes and the onboarding of new clients
- A key part of this role will be helping win new business, this will be in the form of RFP / RFI’s and tender responses
- You will support the business with service transition and defining “what good looks like”
- Help the business define their service offering, reviewing and developing service catalogues as well as bespoke services
- You must be comfortable in front of customers and other business units, as building relationships and leveraging them will be a key element to this role
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and motivated, customer facing Service Manager to take a step up into a Service Architecture position
- Min 3+ years’ experience within a Service Delivery/Service Management role for a Managed Service Provider
- Understanding of requirement for service catalogues
- Excellent written English as you will be writing RFP / RFI’s and tenders
- Excellent understanding of IT Managed Services including Networking, Unified Communications or Security
- Experience of business change and transformation
- Approachable and dedicated candidate with great communication skills
- Have experience managing the implementation and update of services governance/methodology
- Solid commercial understanding with the ability to work out costing
- Good understanding of Service Management principals – ITIL etc.