Job Title: Network Operations Engineer (2nd line)
Salary: Up to £45,000
Location: Central London
Dynamic Search Solutions is working with an emerging and expanding start-up Internet Service Provider (ISP), who due to their continued success are seeking a Network Operations Engineer.
As Network Operations Engineer you will work in a hybrid model, out of their easily accessible and brand new London office. The state-of-the-art design ensures that you feel at home working in their comfortable and welcoming office.
As the Network Operations Engineer/ 2nd line, you will work as part of the support team. You daily tasks will include:
- Troubleshooting and resolving 2nd line support escalations.
- Managing all network and server infrastructure by monitoring network status; ensuring maximum network performance at all times.
- Liaise with service partners and customers.
- Escalate major issues to the 3rd Line.
- Being proactive in your approach to handling support cases assigned to you.
Network Operations Engineer/ 2nd line Overview:
- Working with both Technical and Non-technical staff, as the key point of contact.
- Monitor, investigate, and diagnose any issues with service partner and customers.
- Ensure SLA’s are met, Documentation is correct, and Policies and procedures are in place.
- Working on a 24×7, 4 on 4 off 12-hour shift pattern, (night and days).
Skills / Experience required for the Network Operations Engineer/ 2nd line:
- Hands on experience working with Juniper systems.
- Ideally Certified, however certification is not essential.
- Experience working in a Internet Service Provider environment.
- Previous experience monitoring, investigating, and diagnosing issues.
- Have an understanding of OSPF, BGP.
- Have an understanding of MPLS, in particular VPLS and VLL.
- Understand firewall polices and set up of VPN’s.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
If you are a Network Operations Engineer/ 2nd line with experience in a Service Provider environment, have a strong understanding of monitoring networks, or if you are an engineer looking to move into a service desk: please apply or get in touch with me at [email protected].