Salary: Up to £38,000
A UK based Internet Service Provider (ISP) is seeking a 24/7 Network Engineer to work out of their easily accessible London office. Voted as one of the best large companies in the UK to work for in multiple categories; employee satisfaction is at the heart of what they do.
The business has invested in a state-of-the-art set-up to ensure that you feel at home working in their comfortable and welcoming office.
As a Microsoft Dynamic Gold Partner, the business has access to the latest in technology, that you will have the opportunity to work on. Additionally, the business offers support for certifications, investing in their team as much as they do their systems.
24/7 NETWORK ENGINEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the 24/7 Network Engineer, you will be part of the 24/7 NOC team working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. Your daily tasks will include:
- Troubleshooting and resolving 1st line support escalations
- Managing all network and server infrastructure by monitoring network status to ensure maximum network performance at all times
- Liaise with service partners and customers
- Escalate major issues to the 2nd and 3rd line
- Proactively handle support cases assigned to you
- Working on a 24×7, 4 on 4 off 12-hour shift pattern (night and days)
- Triage, troubleshoot, and fault fix
- Monitor, investigate, and diagnose any issues with service partners and customers
- Ensure SLA’s are met, documentation is correct, and policies/procedures are in place
- Working with both technical and non-technical staff as the key point of contact
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Hands-on experience working on multiple vendors including Cisco or Juniper
- Have at least 18 months of experience working in a Service Provider environment
- Previous experience monitoring, investigating, and diagnosing issues
- Have an understanding of OSPF, BGP
- Have an understanding of MPLS
- Understand firewall policies and set up of VPN’s
- Must be able to interphase with both technical and non-technical staff