Infrastructure Support Engineer (£35-40k) – Support, Troubleshoot, delivery, implementation, Server, Windows, Microsoft OS, Virtualisation, Storage, VMWare, NetApp, HP
An award-winning Managed Service Provider (MSP) is seeking an Infrastructure Support Engineer to work out of their easily accessible office in London, as well as client site. They work across SME to large enterprise project delivery, primarily working with multiple vendors, including Cisco, VMWare, and Microsoft. They work with the latest technologies from these vendors, including Software Defined Data Centre technologies like NSX, and the latest from AWS and Azure Cloud.
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will be a key part of the team, focussing directly on Support and Troubleshooting of Infrastructure Technologies. The right person will be able to troubleshoot issues across Windows Servers, virtualisation tools, and storage, working with multiple key vendors. This will be delivered across SME and large enterprise sites.
Infrastructure Support Engineer Overview
• Support and troubleshoot Infrastructure solutions directly and alongside Senior support staff and engineers and Sales teams across Microsoft, VMWare and NetApp
• Manage incoming support tickets, whilst also working proactively
• Provide regular professional, frequent and relevant customer communication
• Delivery support and delivery of Microsoft OS, Servers, Virtualisation, storage, backup, and cloud
Skills / Experience required for the Infrastructure Support Engineer
• 2 years’ experience working in an Infrastructure Support based role
• Experience working with Windows Server, VMWare, Cloud, and storage
• Knowledge of 2 or more industry leading vendors
• Ideally have Managed Service experience
• Strong storage experience or understanding
• Must be able to interphase with both technical and non-technical customers.
If you are a 1st to 2nd line support engineer looking to move into a mixed role in an MSP environment, please get in touch. If you are an Infrastructure Engineer looking to be given exposure to working with multiple technologies, we would love to hear from you.