Location: London – Hybrid working
Contract Length: Initial 6 months
Salary: £600 per day – Outside IR35
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer to join a company based in Central London. The business is offering hybrid working, with only two days a week in the company office, allowing you to work however is best for you.
The business has a work hard play hard attitude and a vibrant company culture. Part of this culture is their passion to train and develop their staff: Meaning that even as a contractor, you will have support for earning additional certifications or pursuing courses to support your professional development.
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, and implement high-quality software solutions using industry best practices and coding standards.
- Utilise your expertise in various programming languages, frameworks, and technologies to architect robust and scalable systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients to gather project requirements, analyse feasibility, and provide technical recommendations.
- Develop clean, efficient, and well documented code, ensuring code quality through testing, debugging, and code reviews.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, tools, and technologies in software engineering.
- Accurately delivering high quality work to agreed timelines, including taking the initiative.
- Supporting client engagements, including pitches and presentations.
- Be a team player and looking for input into the company strategy and helping to shape their future.
Senior Software Engineer Requirements
The business will support you to work how is best for you, with hybrid and flexible working. The business does ask that you have a knowledge of the following of the majority of the below:
- Professional experience as software engineer, preferably in a consultancy or industry setting.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, including Python, Java, C++, or similar.
- Experience with associated software development frameworks and tools such as pytest and OpenAPI.
- Knowledge of software security principles and best practices.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of database systems and proficiency in database query languages/tools.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum. In particular iterative approaches to software development in conjunction with the client.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to find innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills or Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients and team members.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly in fast-paced environments.
- A passion for delivering high quality software solutions that meet client expectations.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and principle (CI/CD pipelines Docker).