Azure Developer Contract
Location: London – Hybrid (2 days in office and 3 days’ work from home)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Contract Salary: £500 per day
Azure Developer Job Summary
An insurance client is seeking a skilled Azure Developer to join their development team for a 6-month contract.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing robust cloud-based solutions using the Azure tech stack.
Working with external and internal teams to understand business requirements, develop scalable solutions, and ensure the smooth functioning of cloud applications.
The main skills the client is looking for are Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), Kubernetes, Power BI, and a strong foundation in the standard Azure technology stack.
Azure Developer Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including clients, business analysts, and software engineers, to gather requirements and define technical specifications for cloud-based solutions.
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable and reliable applications using Azure services, ensuring high performance and availability.
- Implement Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) to deliver rich user experiences across multiple devices and platforms.
- Utilize Kubernetes for container orchestration, deployment, and scaling of applications within Azure environments.
- Develop Power BI dashboards and reports to provide data insights and visualizations for stakeholders.
- Configure and optimize Azure services, such as Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Logic Apps, to meet application requirements.
- Implement security and compliance measures, including Azure Active Directory integration, role-based access control (RBAC), and data encryption.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to identify and resolve issues and ensure the stability and performance of cloud applications.
- Stay up to date with the latest Azure developments, best practices, and emerging technologies in cloud computing.
Requirements for the Azure Developer role
The business will support you to work however is best for you in a hybrid environment. The business does ask that you have:
- Proven experience as an Azure Developer, with a strong understanding of the Azure technology stack.
- Expertise in Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), Kubernetes, and Power BI.
- Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud applications using Azure services, including Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Logic Apps.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices in Azure, including Azure Active Directory, RBAC, and data encryption.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in and outside the business.